Saturday, October 31, 2009

Day 5 - Mom is still alive, appears comfortable

My Mom is on oxygen all the time now. It will dry her up, which is a good thing.

She appears comfortable. I have her sitting up almost upright in the bed, as before when I had put her down she started to gurgle.

Her skin was cool early this morning, so I put on another comforter. She seems better now. I'm not giving her any medicine, as she doesn't swallow it, and it comes out the other side of her mouth. I am pretty sure she won't swallow, for fear of choking.

My cold is about the same. In one way it's good, because all I feel like doing is laying down. Which I can do, within earshot of Mom.

But, to add to everything, my boyfriend went to the emergency room yesterday. Long story short they might do emergency dialysis. He has been schedule to go on dialysis, but they couldn't find the veins to do the necessary surgery. They were to try again next week.

And, because I am sick, and because of my Mother, I can't be with him.

Thank goodness for cell phones.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home