Thursday, October 29, 2009

Lungs are filling up

The nurse came by. She said that Mom's lungs are filling up - probably about 2/3rds full of fluid.

We pulled her up higher in the bed, and then raised up the bed, so she could breathe easier. She did get out a cough.

She is resting comfortably. That's what is important.

The nurse stayed for about an hour. We chatted while sitting next to my Mom.

I told her stories about what we had gone through - at hospitals, nursing home, and the first night after I brought Mom home from the nursing home.

It was a funny story - we laughed.

I will write down some of these stories later - probably after Mom dies.

The nurse asked me "How have you managed it this whole time?" I replied "Well, probably because I am stubborn".

The nurse said she would come tomorrow, even though it is her day off. I want her to come, but I hate for her to work on her day off. So, I told her to come in jeans and no make-up. She doesn't live far from here, so it won't be a huge inconvenience.

And, I really like her.

It takes a very special person to be a hospice nurse.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home