Thursday, October 29, 2009

Gurgling

Mom started gurgling again - about 3 hours after I gave her the benadryl.

I have atropine for the gurgling, but it really dries up my Mother, and makes her agitated, so I don't want to give her that.


I asked my brother to see if there was liquid benadryl at the drugstore. He came back with liquid gel caps, but when I cut one open there really wasn't much liquid.

So I dissolved the tablet benadryl in some water, and tried to give it to my Mom with an eye dropper. (I don't know why they are called eye droppers, as you use them for lots of things...but I don't know another name for it.)

The nurse will be here in a little while, and I will ask her to call the pharmacy to see if there is a prescription strength liquid benadryl. I couldn't find anything on-line, so probably not.

My brother said they had children's liquid benadryl already in spoons at the drug store. I found this rather surprising, as I thought giving benadryl to children was now considered a big no-no.

I may have him go back and get it.... but I am concerned it might not be strong enough.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home