Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Made it through the night

Mom was quite warm last night. They say that a fever is part of the body shutting down, that it's not due to a virus.

I put a cool washcloth on her forehead, and dipped cotton balls in alcohol and spread that over her arms and neck. It seemed to cool her off.

I gave her more morphine and ativan. The morphine doesn't really knock her out like I thought it would. I wonder if it doesn't really work on her, so this morning I just gave her the ativan. I will check if it seems to make a difference without the morphine.

She is comfortable. I gave her a few ice chips, although at one point she chocked a little, so I stopped.

She keeps reaching for my hand to hold.

I need to get back in there and do some hand holding.

Later

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Dutiful Daughter said...

You are doing all the right things! Thanks for the update. She sounds responsive to your caring and caregiving.

October 28, 2009 at 9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home