Tuesday, October 27, 2009

This family is not into "death vigils"

My sister left this morning, with the parting words "call me if you need me". No plans on her part to show up, unless I call.

My oldest brother will come tomorrow evening, although my Mom might not make it until then.

My "crazy brother" phoned to see how Mom was doing. His comment was "it would be best if she died in her sleep". Well yes, don't we all want that. But just because someone dies at night, doesn't mean it's peaceful.

So, here I am, alone for the night. Not that I am complaining. Sometimes having others around is just more of a pain. I know what to do, and sometimes they just aggravate me.

Last night after I had given my Mom some medicine, I suggested my sister sit with her for the next hour, to see how she was. She said "an hour?" I said "OK, well, at least 15 minutes".

But, I too am not sitting by my Mother's bed every minute. I know from experience quite often they won't die if you are there.

When my husband was passing, he kept trying to get me to go into the bathroom. I said "Why?"... I didn't need to go to the bathroom.

Only later did I realize he didn't want me there when he passed.

My Mother is resting comfortably. I will check on her every hour or so.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home