Saturday, October 24, 2009

Waiting for Mom to wake up

One of my brothers is here this weekend. That means I get to go sleep at my house (which I am rehabbing). It's nice to just be in another place once in a while. Not that it really makes a lot of difference as far as what I do (although I did go to Wal-Mart at 11:00 PM last night).

This morning I came into my Mom's house. Her bedroom door was open (I usually have it closed), and my Mother was sleeping soundly. I hate to wake her up. I can tell she is much more alert when she has had good uninterrupted sleep.

So I am checking e-mails, and reading news on-line.

Which today has made me very, very sad. The priest who married my late husband and I, was murdered yesterday. Although I am not Catholic, I really liked this priest, and went to him for some counseling many years after my husband had died. There were issues with my late husband's children, and I thought this priest would be able to assess the situation and help me out. He did. He was great. Very straight forward, no nonsense.

Anyway, I guess it's time to wake up Mom, and my brother. I warned him 2 weeks ago that I would be busy this entire weekend, except for when I come back to change Mom's diapers. Generally when he comes, he takes off quite a bit of time to do who knows what.... just anything not to be here.

It often pisses me off, but I try not to jump down his throat. Maybe I need to make out a "to do" list for him. It's just so much nagging, which I really hate to do.

Well, guess I had better get to it. Otherwise I will be wasting away the day.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home