Wednesday, October 21, 2009

No flu shot for Mom

The nurse asked me this week if I wanted Mom to have a flu shot.

Quick answer. No.

It's nice to know what my Mom has already decided and wants, so there is no second guessing.

My Mom has had a flu shot once in her life. In 2001 Mom and Dad both got flu and pneumonia shots.

That year, my Dad got pneumonia (from which he died), and my Mom got the flu (and she very rarely got sick).

Besides, my Mother hates needles.

I always find it a bit amusing when they say "X number of people die every year from the flu". Really. Well, X number of people are going to die every year from something, and if not the flu, perhaps something else.

We all die.

Somehow our society has forgotten that.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home