Monday, October 26, 2009

Status report

Mom is sleeping - although it's a drug induced sleep. She is on oxygen, and not fighting it (she hates both oxygen masks as well as the things that go in your nose).

I gave her more morphine and ativan at 9:00. I wasn't going to as she was resting, but then when I started to move her to change her diaper, she started making those horrible raspy sounds. That right there did it. It's always better to give the medicine too soon than too late, so there is no distress in between.

My sister is here so she helped me pull her up higher in the bed so when it is raised she is in a more comfortable position to breathe. I can do it myself, but it's not easy. It's so much easier with 2 people, because you can just lift her straight up by the turn sheet.

I'll be getting up every couple of hours tonight, if I get to sleep at all.

I actually think my Mom is doing better now. The problem really is getting oxygen and since she is on oxygen, that solves it. The nurse thinks my Mom's body is shutting down, but I don't really think so.

We shall see tomorrow.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home