Monday, October 26, 2009

Incosiderate siblings

I phoned my oldest brother who lives about 2 hours away. He came to see Mom about a month ago (after the last time I thought she would die), but hasn't made any plans to come up again.

I phoned him this afternoon to tell him what was going on. He said "Well, I could probably come up on Thursday".

I told him "Well, if it goes the way I think it might, she won't be alive by Thursday".

Then he said "I could come tomorrow, but I have a thing to do on Wednesday".

I told him I would e-mail him tonight to give him a status report.

I am tempted to tell him in the future I will just call him after she has died. You know, hate to put him out.... give him enough time to arrange his schedule to attend the funeral.

Although I don't think he is really that thoughtless, I think he just doesn't "get it".

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home