Tuesday, October 27, 2009

In one way I am relieved...

One part of me is relived the end is near. That means I can get on with my life.

I know that sounds callous, but anyone who has done this, knows what I mean. I have been doing this 2 1/2 years. When it started, I told myself "I can do this for 6 months". Then 6 months went by, and I said "I can do this for 2 years". Then 2 years went by, and I realized I had told my Mother "I will always take care of you".

Be very careful what you promise.

I look around my Mom's house. I have not wanted to start clearing out things while she was still alive. I just couldn't do it.

Even my stuff, which I could move out to my house being rehabbed, I didn't do it.
Until today. Today I took out some stuff.

My Mom has a lot of "stuff". She never got rid of anything, and even after the "estate sale" from the farm house, it's amazing how much stuff she kept.

A lot of it is really good stuff. Hard to give up. Lots of memories.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home