Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Granny sitter is sick

The "granny sitter" phoned and said she is sick. I told her not to come. I sure don't want to catch whatever she has, let alone my Mom.

So, one of my good friends is coming to stay with me. She had offered to come last night, but I said I was OK, that maybe I would need her later.

Good thing, as I am very much looking forward to some company this afternoon.

My brother comes this evening, and he will be here tomorrow. I think another brother will come on Friday.

I don't know how long my Mother will live. She is not eating or drinking. I have given her a few ice chips, but not much.

I wouldn't think she will live much longer, but one never knows.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Dax Morsard said...

You are giving very good care. I hope any of your siblings or family members who would want to be there will realize that she may die even before Friday or before the weekend is over.
Without liquids change can be very rapid.

My thoughts are with you as you comfort her.
Loved reading about her wanting to hold your hand a few days ago.

Dax

October 28, 2009 at 2:32 PM  
Blogger Confessions of a Caregiver said...

Thanks for your kind words.

I am just thankful my Mom is comfortable. I hope it can continue as such until the end.

October 29, 2009 at 4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home