Sunday, November 29, 2009

Almost a month

It's almost a month since my Mom died.

Sometimes I almost forget that she is gone. Like today.

I went to a movie, and driving back I realized I didn't have to rush to get back to take care of her. I could take my time, go shopping, whatever I wanted to do.

What is really nice, is when I think about the fact that Mom is gone, I don't have any regrets.

Because I lived so far away, when I came to visit, I made a point of doing "day trips" with my parents. In particular, we went by their old "haunts". So, not only did we visit the places from their early years, I also got to hear the stories.

And, after my Mother had her stroke, I was careful to get more stories and memories from her. Her memory was excellent, up until about 6 months after her first stroke.

Of course, there are many things left behind which keep Mom with us. Her many recipe books, card file, and even a small book with her favorite recipes handwritten.

We might publish those in a book.

After watching Julie & Julia today, I think there just might be a market for such a book.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home