Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thinking about Mom's "stuff"

I don't have much furniture, having sold it all when I sold my house in another state.

It's nice, not having furniture, as now I can take some of my Mother's, without being overwhelmed.

My Mother had a dream about 6 months after her first stroke. She dreamt that she had died.

I thought we would get a revelation of her idea of the afterlife.

Well, of course, Mom being Mom, it wasn't that simple.

She dreamed she went to Africa because there was a disease there and she thought she knew how to cure it. But, instead she caught the disease and died.

After she told me this part of her dream, I asked her "and then what?". She replied "I wondered what you would do with my house and all my things".

I told her that I didn't want her house (already having one of my own by this time), but that I could take a lot of her furniture.

This seemed to please her, knowing that her furniture would have a nice home and be appreciated.

And so, the other evening I walked around my house, imagining places for Mom's furniture.

That made me happy.

And, Mother would be pleased.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home