Tuesday, December 15, 2009

More caregiving

Well, it's been a fun week. I spent quite a lot of time at the hospital etc. with my b/f. He is okay, but had an infection around the catheter which is used for dialysis. It had to be removed so it could heal, and then a few days later, reinserted. Of course, wouldn't you know it, the surgeon didn't sew it up tight enough and it started bleeding, so back to the hospital last night.

In between they had to insert a temporary one.

I really can't complain, as he was the one enduring all the pain. All I had to do was drive him around, wait, and then of course wait on him hand and foot.(just kidding)

Good thing I am not working at a real job.


And, we are looking at a house for my brother.

I found one which is really, really, cheap.

It needs a lot of work, but my brother is rather "low maintenance" so it doesn't bother him. It's on a huge lot, more than 1/2 acre and on 2 sides there is just grass and trees because of a tower, so it's like living in the country, but it's in the city. It's only about 6 blocks from where he lives now, so he knows the area.

I enjoy this project (besides, of course, working on my house). It makes me feel good knowing that I can help my brother improve his life.

Mother would be pleased.

So would Dad.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home