Friday, September 2, 2011

It's never easy


G phoned from dialysis. The nurse didn't understand the instructions from
the Drs. office regarding the blood test for Plavix. She called the Drs.
office but was put on hold forever....

So I called the Drs. office. Explained the problem, and someone did phone
the dialysis nurse right away.

The problem is the sheet requesting the blood test says "check Plavix level
day before surgery". I remember seeing this, thinking that wasn't correct,
but, stupid me, I didn't bother to question them. Ya would think by now
I would know better.

So, it's not the day before a surgery. G phoned me back to tell me all this,
...I won't bore you with our conversation, but I am waiting for a phone call
from the Dr. office.

I maintain the info on the sheet is wrong, that I heard the Dr. say
"Check if Plavix is working on him, because it doesn't on 20% of the
population, and if it's not working we can put him on Effient (I think)". Now, based on that comment, I don't think this test is related to
the surgery. I suspect normally they check the Plavix level/function, the same
way they want to check the INR clotting before surgery, to be sure the blood
will clot.

They haven't phoned me yet.

On another note, my Aunt (Mom's sister, age 81) isn't doing well. She has
been in hospitals, etc. for 12 weeks now. A couple of days ago they must
have given her some medicine for nausea, which made her nuts, she tore out
the feeding tube, didn't know who anyone was, etc.

I feel so bad for her family. Anyway, my cousin gave the name/address of the hospital, so I shipped off a photo album. It's one which belonged to our Grandmother, (who died before I was born) and this Aunt reorganized it in 1996, and passed to another Aunt, and then it came back to my Mom.

I love the old pictures, and since my Aunt who is ill
reorganized this photo album, I trust even if her memory is bad, she
will remember a lot of the photos.

As my mother use to say "Getting old is no fun".



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home