Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Thankful for the little things

When talking with one of my friends today, I realized that as bad as things appear to be for the future, the current situation is not all that bad.

G does not feel bad. He enjoys eating, does not have trouble swallowing, which, after a stroke can be a huge problem. He is sleeping through the night, which he had not done since we met.

He can walk around on his own, get up and down from the bed, chairs, etc. He can see, and read.

Although he cannot type or write, at least he can see and read. His father lost his eyesight at around 62, the same age G is now.

G is at dialysis now. It's past 2:30, so I am assuming the catheter worked at least enough for them to keep him there.

The surgery department at the VA phoned this morning. Said G is scheduled for surgery on Monday. So, I guess my talk yesterday with Dr. M had some affect. At that time the surgeon said he would do the surgery in a couple of weeks. So, at least that got moved up 1 1/2 weeks.

Well, we shall see.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Tony said...

Good luck to 'G' with the surgery.

I have had similar experiences with my Mom.

God bless and good luck.

April 28, 2011 at 8:14 AM  
Blogger Confessions of a Caregiver said...

Tony
Thanks for your well wishes.

May 7, 2011 at 1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home