Monday, April 25, 2011

Anticipation

Tomorrow G goes to see his primary care. I will be with him for that appointment.

He has several others tomorrow, speech therapist, lab work.

I will meet him for lunch. Transport should pick him up around 10:00.

I realized yesterday the big problem, that no one is talking about, is the lack of blood flow to his brain. So I will harp on this.

I think they should try putting him on Plavix. I know the renal Dr. said the problem is it takes 2 weeks for it to become effective, and as he is already on blood thinners, it's difficult to switch over.

But they always have to take him off the blood thinners when he has a procedure, so perhaps they can find a way to do the switch next time he has a procedure, which should be in a week or so, if the surgeon told the truth.

I don't know what else to do. It's rather pointless, in my opinion, to be so focused on getting a site for dialysis, if his brain is dying due to lack of blood supply.

G's birthday is Wed. He will be 62. I guess it will probably be his last birthday, although of course we don't talk about it.

I bought him some art supplies today. He wants to paint a picture, with oil paint, so am clearing out the back porch where he can splatter paint.

It's the best I can offer for now.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home