Friday, April 22, 2011

G Not Feeling Well

This morning G was nauseous again. At dialysis they gave him some Zofran. In the past when he has been nauseous it was because he was having a stroke, or a TIA, although he always denies he is having a TIA. So, I don't dwell on it.

I called the VA nurse this morning and got a prescription for Zofran, in case he is sick again this weekend. They let me pick it up.

He still didn't feel well this evening. Only wanted to eat rice, and toast.

We will see what tomorrow brings. The weather is nicer, so tomorrow I will try to plant some more things in the garden, and G wants to go in the backyard, which he hasn't seen since his stroke.

Also, I noticed his short term memory is going. He was watching a TV show on HULU, that I know he and I watched together before, but he didn't remember. But, his long term memory is still quite good.

He is letting him help him a bit more getting dressed and undressed.

I feel so sorry for him.

We watched an episode of "Mad Men" tonight on DVD. One part was about a woman who had cancer, but her family would not tell her. G said that none of the Drs. want to deliver the bad news. He noticed this the last week. Of course, same I have noticed. The surgeon says "maybe we will do another surgery next week", but I know that's only because he doesn't have the guts to say there is nothing else he can really do.

I guess G will keep having dialysis as long as this last catheter works, and then that's probably it.

I certainly hope I am wrong.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home