Monday, December 28, 2009

I hate winter

It's cold. Really cold. I don't feel like going anywhere, or doing anything.

My oldest brother was unable to join us for Christmas dinner, as he had 3 foot drifts of snow in front of his garage.

We had about 3 inches of snow here, so those of us in town got together.

My brother M's birthday is tomorrow. I will either take him out to eat, or cook him dinner at my house, we haven't yet decided.

Today I need to go to my Mom's house and get food out of the freezer. She had a very large chest style freezer, and we must get it emptied.

I am worried about my neighbor next door to my house. I have spoken with him several times. He is not currently living in the house next door, as he is taking care of his mother who has Alzheimer's. He talked to me about the problems with his family, as often occurs when there is a parent to be cared for.

His van appeared at his house the day before Christmas, and has not moved. Someone came by his house yesterday, and again today, but his van has not moved.

My neighbor had confessed to me a few months ago that he had "fallen off the wagon".

Perhaps he is just drowning his sorrows. I certainly hope he didn't decide life was no longer worth living.

Care giving certainly takes it's toll, so perhaps he just needed some time alone.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home