Sunday, August 9, 2009

Drama at the Home Health Agency

People who come to your house every week tend to become like family.

We have now had 3 hospice nurses, but only 1 home health aide.

The home health aide is a dear. She is a single Mom with 4 children, and does a wonderful job.

I presume they are told part of their job is to talk to the caregiver (me) because often the caregiver is more of a problem than the patient.

It's also a give and take. I enjoy hearing about what is going on in someone else's life.

I blogged some time ago about the social worker.

Well, she was let go, and then had a nervous breakdown. She went a little (or a lot) crazy, harassing the office workers at the agency from which she was fired.

There are other problems at the agency, specifically with the office manager.

I got an ear full last week from the health aide, and apparently the owner is calling her to find out what's really going on in the office. They fired a nurse (who said she didn't know why she was fired), and a home health aide quit.

I tried to give our home health aide some advice on how to handle the situation.
First or all, don't go in the office and talk to the owner - call him on his cell after hours to give her take on the situation.

I am anxious to know what happened.
Like I said, they become like family.
Although now it's feeling more like a soap opera.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Anabell said...

Hey, I just read out your blog, it's quite interesting and informative thank you for sharing it, personally i like ihomcare patient care agency you can book an ambulance anytime according to your need.

July 22, 2019 at 1:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home