Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sad news

One of my good friends phoned the other night to tell me she has been diagnosed with MS.

I was a little shocked.

Although she has had a limp for years, she always said it was some nerve damage, and no mention it might be MS. She and I went together to Portugal about 6 years ago, and we walked all over ruins and climbed dangerous steps. Although she had a problem with her leg, she never let it slow her down.

I guess she has a special kind of MS. All they can offer is physical therapy, the medicine won't work.

In some way I know she is glad to know what is wrong, but of course, on the other hand knowing it will be progressive must be difficult.

For some reason, this news hit me quite hard.

Of course my b/f has health problems, but I always think that his problems can be managed.

My friend will most likely only get worse and worse.

Makes one realize why we must enjoy life, appreciate our friends, and not put off doing all those things we want to do.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home