Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Neighbor Died

Back in December I posted these comments about my neighbor

Dec. 28, 2009
I am worried about my neighbor next door to my house. I have spoken with him several times. He is not currently living in the house next door, as he is taking care of his mother who has Alzheimer's. He talked to me about the problems with his family, as often occurs when there is a parent to be cared for.

His van appeared at his house the day before Christmas, and has not moved. Someone came by his house yesterday, and again today, but his van has not moved.

My neighbor had confessed to me a few months ago that he had "fallen off the wagon".

Perhaps he is just drowning his sorrows. I certainly hope he didn't decide life was no longer worth living.

Care giving certainly takes it's toll, so perhaps he just needed some time alone.


Today someone came to my neighbors' house. It was his brother. He said my neighbor had indeed died, about 2 weeks after I made my posting.

According to his brother, my neighbor had gone into rehab, where he met some guy with whom he started hanging out. Apparently they started smoking crack together, and my neighbor died.

They think it was a heart attack, but the autopsy report is not yet back.

I feel really bad about this. My neighbor seemed like a nice guy, but just never got his life in order.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home