Friday, August 21, 2009

I made the aide cry

No, I wasn't mean to her.

We were talking about my Mom. How much she has declined since the aide first met her in February.

Apparently at one of their staff meetings a few weeks ago, the assessment was that my Mom doesn't talk. The aide took exception to that.

However, my Mom doesn't talk much. Not now.

She talked more in February, when the aide first met her, and that's what sticks in her mind.

When I mentioned this today, I could tell it kind of upset the aide. And a few moments later she was sniffling. I gave her a tissue. No words.

I always think hospice home health aides are use to this...but in a way it's nice to know they aren't. At least not this one. And she has been doing it a long time.

I thought she would be use to this kind of thing.

But, I think my Mom has a special place in her heart.

That's a nice thought.

We get so few.

Nice thoughts, that is.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home