Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I just don't get it

So the surgeon's nurse phoned yesterday and said "The Dr. wants G off of the coumadin for 3 days before the surgery".

And I said "OK, do they want to put him in the hospital and migrate him over to heparin, like the VA has done, because he tends to have TIA's when his blood gets too thick?" (which I told her about the last 2 times we discussed this).

Long pause..."I will have to discuss that with the Dr. on Thursday. We certainly
don't want G having another stroke".

Good grief Charlie Brown. I guess this nurse can only handle one item at a time.
Too bad she hasn't figured out how to make out a check list.

It just amazes me. I work with business people all the time who manage to accomplish so many more complicated tasks, and lives aren't at stake.

Scary, scary.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home