Monday, March 22, 2010

More on the estate sale...

It was interesting running the estate sale, especially after the chaos of the first few hours.

When we opened, of course there was the line at the door, probably 15 people marched in. One woman (who had been to the house days before the sale, offering to "help")
came to the cashier table with lots of Christmas items. As she laid them out, I saw some old Christmas items, which I had not seen on a table.


I asked the woman where she had got the Christmas items, she pointed to a blue tub which was unpacked, labeled in my Mother's handwriting "Christmas Decorations".
I told the woman that item was not for sale, quickly returned it to the storage tub and took the tub out to my car.

When we were setting up I kept saying "I haven't seen the old Christmas ornaments". As my Mother never got rid of anything, I knew there were ornaments from my childhood, which I had seen in recent years.


I have yet to unpack the tub and look at everything, but am quite certain it contains all the missing Christmas items. It will be fun when I do. I remember unpacking them a few years ago, when I put up the tree for my Mom, before her stroke.
She had quit using the old ornaments a long time ago, but never got rid of them, and I remembered then how much fun it was to take the walk down memory lane.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home