Monday, October 3, 2011

Great News!

Finally, some good news.

The surgeon was able to place both the catheter in the abdomen for peritoneal dialysis,
and do what he called a "good" fistula in the right arm for hemo dialysis. Both will
probably take about 6 weeks before they can be used.

G will be in the hospital for at least a couple of days, until they get his
blood thinned back to the correct level on coumadin.

At least it appears they are now taking this blood thinning thing as seriously as
they should.

So I feel much better.

And I knew G was feeling better last night, when he called me at 10:00 PM, wanting
me to bring him some food. As I was in the middle of staining some wood in the house,
I declined and suggested he get something from the nurse. They have sandwiches and
fruit cups on the floor.

He phoned back later and said he had.

I am trying to get some projects done inside the house while he was out, as I don't
think the fumes are good for him.

Well, gotta run.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home