Friday, October 7, 2011

And the drama continues...

Will try to make this short.

Yesterday G's hemoglobin count dropped again - a lot.

He had a horrible headache, so I was afraid he was having bleeding in the brain,
so they sent him for CT scan, which was negative.

Then he was cold and clammy, so I thought he had an infection, so I got the Dr.
to give him some vanco.

Then they decided to do a stool check for blood, which was positive, so they decided
to check his GI track, which meant drinking all that stuff for a colonscopy, so I stayed
all night helping G get on the commode.
Today they found out his blood was way too thin for the procedure, so will try again
tomorrow...which means more miralax. I told them the aide would have to take care
of him tonight.
His hemoglobin had dropped again, so they gave him more blood. So, I suspect
there is some bleed somewhere.
Also, his renal Dr. changed some meds which she should not have, which caused G
to not urinate, which I thought about this morning. So I mentioned it to the other
Dr. (who by now does what I say), they did a bladder scan, found he had a liter
of urine, and put in a catheter.
Good news is G is feeling better today, and even walked to the bathroom with the PT
person.
Hope tomorrow will be better.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home